Researchers make up a solid portion of the people using FOVE.
Useful data that you can receive:
- Monocular gaze vectors (left/right eyes) + combined vector (averaged)
- Convergence distance (approximate, works best within a few meters)
- 2D gaze vectors (X/Y position on screen)
- IPD (Interpupillary distance,updates in real time as your eyes converge)
- IOD (Inter-ocular distance, the IPD when looking at infinity, static for a single person)
- Torsion in degrees (requires Pro or Enterprise license)
- Eye Outline (requires Pro or Enterprise license)
- 2D Pupil Shape as Ellipse (requires Pro or Enterprise license)
- Open/Close state
- Full-resolution left/right eye image
- Left/right pupil radius
- Name of object being gazed at
- Attention state (is the user currently saccading or not)
- Eyeball Radius
- Eye open/close state
All of the above runs at 120 frames per second with the FOVE0 headset.
While we recommend Unity as the simplest way to draw graphics to the FOVE and to collect data, data can be fetched programmatically with C/C++/C# or Python via the FOVE SDK.
If you are interested in purchasing a headset, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.