Researchers make up a solid portion of the people using FOVE.
The ResearchHeadset portion (commonly referred to as the Research SDK, though it's part of the regular SDK) is meant specifically for researchers, as opposed to entertainment applications.
Research-useful data that you can receive:
- Monocular gaze vectors (left/right eyes)
- Convergence distance (approximate, works best within a few meters)
- IPD (Updates in real time as your eyes converge)
- IOD (Inter-ocular distance, the IPD when looking at infinity, static for a single person)
- Full-resolution left/right eye image
- Left/right pupil radius
- Eye open/close state
All of the above runs at 120 frames per second with the FOVE0 headset.
While we recommend Unity as the simplest way to draw graphics to the FOVE, data can be fetched with C/C++/C# or Python via the SDK. Our UnityDataCollector sample on GitHub may also be very useful as it can export gaze data to CSV.
If you are interested in purchasing a headset, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.