We want FOVE to be used for research purposes and in experiments so we have been in contact with multipe researcher partners to learn more about what they would might need from us but, the current SDK & API that we have developed with content development partners has been primarily focused on 3D games and advertisements.
As a result of the above:
- Certain values that our internal researchers use, are not in the external API.
- As we have a single camera setup per-eye we cannot accurately re-construct all requested values.
Values that you are able to retrieve using our current SDK:
- Monocular gaze vectors (left/right eyes)
- Convergence point estimation data [can be used to approximate the convergence point within your own 3D world] (binocular)
Values that we can add - to our backlog to add - to the API in the future:
- Eyeball center 2D coordinate (in a 2D image)
- Pupil center 2D coordinate (in a 2D image)
Eye-to-lens and eye-to-screen distance are not features that we expect to be accurately calculating in the near-future.