New user here, both of fove and of VR in general. I'm working on a project and would like to use unreal, preferably through blueprints, but I'm quite lost regarding what workflow I should put in place : use unreal plugin, use OSVR, use steamVR
My config is :
- Win10, intel Xeon E5-1620, 16Go ram, nvidia GTX1070 with 398.11 driver (up to date)
- unreal 4.19.2
- fove runtime 0.14.1, firmware 51
What I've tried so far :
- run different demo found on fove site : works out the box, no issue
- get unreal plugin, unable to compile for 4.19.2, stopped here
- get OSVR, unable to get Fove plugin for OSVR, stopped here
- get steamVR driver for fove, headset and camera are detected and marked as ready but if I launch any application I can see tracking is working on my desktop monitor but HMD remains blank. Seems like steam compositor doesn't connect with Fove
I understand fove software base is quickly moving, but could you make it clear what is the "default" workflow in my case (with UE4) ?
SteamVR being currently the most "advanced" case for me, will I be able to catch eye tracking data inside UE4 ?
Thank you for your answer
Please sign in to leave a comment.